Saturday, November 19, 2011

What Causes Low Diastole, Do I Have to Worry About It?

Question: I have been consulting to some people, but I want to ask again to the doctor.
My blood pressure is 115/53. I always have a low diastole, rarely above 60, whereas a somewhat normal systole, around 110-120, why that happen? How to increase the number diastole? If diastole is too low can cause what? (I am only 22 years old and the check using a digital machine).

Answer:  Normal blood pressure, approximately 120-100 systolic, 80-60 diastolic. I prefer to use that number. Measurements using a digital tensi meter.  We do not like it because the numbers are less valid calibration. You may  try to measure the tension manually with the help of a medical man. I think your diastolic number is still within the normal range most important is the distance between systole and diastole is not too far away. Measurement of arterial pressure (MAP) is also good (MAP = 2D + S / 2) its results are still about 120's (normal between 70-120). If you have no complaints, I think no need to worry about diastole, you'll be fine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment